frequently asked questions
- Where does the money go that I earn? - Into the general fund for Oregon City Youth Sports for Kids.
- How can I request funds be used for a particular program or activity? - Contact Us and let us know the program or activity you would like the organization to support.
- What programs or activities does this non-profit support? Elementary School, Middle School, High school and College programs, activities, and fees. Other youth programs, activities, and sports. If you aren't sure, email us.
- If two people in my family work the same night (i.e. an adult and a student) - what does the program receive? You will each earn approximately $70.00/night toward the OCYSFK program.
- Is there a way to make more than $70.00/night for the program? Great question - Yes! If you choose to be a stand lead or an assistant stand lead and go through training, you could receive $80.00/night.
- Is $70.00/night the maximum pay? No. $70.00/night is the MINIMUM earned for the program. We are paid by the percentage of sales in an evening. Depending on how much food and beverages are sold, we could earn more for that evening. At the end of the quarter we receive payment for our services.
- Can my child that works use this as job experience on their resume? - Definitely!
- What is the minimum age I have to be to work? You must be at least 16 years old
- Do I have to wear a uniform? Yes. You will need black slacks and black non-slip shoes. The program will provide you with a hat or visor. The required t-shirt can be purchased from OCYSFK for $11.00. After you have completed all steps to be an approved volunteer, Contact Us to purchase your shirt.
- Are there other benefits besides earning money for OCYSFK? Yes! You will receive a 40% employee discount on food and beverages (non-alcoholic) by simply presenting your MODA Center worker badge. You will receive a complimentary parking pass for use only on the nights you work. And, of course you will get one complimentary meal during each shift, plus free soda (using your approved beverage container).
Have a question that isn't provided above? Contact us.